Explosion proof industrial pneumatic air operated vacuums can recover both wet and dry waste. Generally these high powered vacuums are used for rapid spill control in factories or large warehouses. With the new reverse filter cleaning models that Spillrite now has in stock, many applications that use dry waste like powders, dusts, plastics and abrasive blast media, the vacuums can be used for extended periods without filter changing. Depending on the waste type, Spillritre can supply a cyclonic separator to accompany most industrial pneumatic vacuum cleaners which help the vacuums run continuously without the need to clean or change the filter.
The power of this system comes from the pneumatic powerhead which supplies compressed air to the explosion proof twin venturi's that are sitting attached to the galvanised steel lid under the yellow silencer hood. The sound signature is between 89-95dB depending on the internal baffles uses. The more power required the thinner the baffles used which slightly increases the sound signature.
The reverse filter cleaning can be activated by disconnectiing the power hose from the DLV unit to the cyclone drum. Then attaching the compressed air line to the second (yellow) air fitting and then turning the ball valve. This supplies compressed air into the reverse jets that blast compressed air through the filter from the inside. Fitting a dust bag on the suction intake of the DLV drum will capture most of the expelled dust from the filter.
The unique design of the reverse venturi's means that the drum cannot over pressurize when in reverse mode. Pressure is released though the throat of the ventuirs and the exhaust ports.
Close up view of the two ball valves on the back of the Reverse Drum Lid Vacuum.
- Pneumatic drum vacuums are powered by compressed air, they do not use electricity
- There are no moving parts to wear out, cause friction or create a spark
- Can be used in both wet and dry applications
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
- 4 times the power of electric vacuums
- Huge 5 metre water lift
- 5 year warranty
Some of the applications for Spillrite industrial air operated pneumatic vacuum cleaners.
- Coolant and sump fluids from machinery
- Cleaning paint chips and steel grit
- Vacuuming dust from printing presses
- Recovery of cornmeal, flour, grains, seeds from girders and floors in food processing plants
- Sucking hydraulic oil from plant equipment
- Cleaning up powder from spray booths
- Vacuuming magnesium chips from machinery
- Sucking water from bilge areas in ships and boats
- Cleaning aircraft that need an explosion proof vacuum unit
- Vacuuming flyash from power stations using a drum vacuum with reverse filter cleaning
- Cleaning plastic pellets from molding machines
- Vacuuming fertilizer dust and pellets from agricultural procesing facilities
- Sucking oil and chemicals in industrial spills
- Paper dust and pieces from recycling businesses